Bad Sister (1931) was Bette Davis’s film debut.
- When did Lucy, Ricky, Ethel, and Fred of “I Love Lucy” (CBS, 1951-57) die? Lucille Ball (Lucy) died on April 26, 1989, at age 77. Desi Arnaz (Ricky) died December 2, 1986, at age 69. Vivian Vance (Ethel) died on August 17, 1979, at age 72. William…
- Who was the “King of Daredevil Comedy”? Harold Lloyd, whose best-known movie is Safety Last (1923), was the "King of Daredevil Comedy".
- Who introduced the use of “subjective sound”, a voice-over showing what a character is thinking? Director Rouben Mamoulian in City Streets (1931) introduced the use of "subjective sound", a voice-over showing what a character is thinking. While Sylvia Sidney lay alone in bed, she "remembered" what Gary Cooper…
- What was Katharine Hepburn’s film debut? Katharine Hepburn's film debut was A Bill of Divorcement (1932).
- When did the RKO movie studio come to an end? The RKO movie studio come to an end in 1958, when it was sold to Desilu.
- What was Bernard Herrmann’s final movie score? Bernard Herrmann's final movie score was the Oscar-winning score was for Taxi Driver (1976).