The baseball legend Lou Gehrig played himself in a western called Rawhide (1938).
In the film, Gehrig quits baseball to retire out West, where he tangles with ranching racketeers.
- Who played Maya Angelou in the TV movie based on her memoir “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings” (CBS, 1979)? Constance Good played Maya Angelou in the TV movie based on her memoir "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" (CBS, 1979).
- Who was the first man to win the tennis grand slam in the same calendar year? The first man to win the tennis grand slam in the same calendar year was J. Donald (Don) Budge (b. 1915) in 1938.
- In American Graffiti (1973), who was the blonde in the white T-bird? Suzanne Somers played the woman in the white 1956 Thunderbird in American Graffiti (1973).
- Did Jodie Foster ever star in a TV series? Yes, Jodie Foster has starred in a TV series. During the 1974-75 season, she played Addie Pray on "Paper Moon," an ABC sitcom based on the 1972 Peter Bogdanovich movie.
- How many times has the story of Baron Munchausen been filmed? The story of Baron Munchausen has been filmed three times, with these actors starring as the Baron: Baron Miienchhausen (1943, Germany) Hans Albers The Fabulous Baron Munchausen (1961, Czechoslovakia) Milos Kopecky The Adventures…
- What was the name of the United States president in Dr. Strangelove (1964)? The name of the United States president in Dr. Strangelove was Merkin Muffley (Peter Sellers). The president's name in Seven Days in May ( 1964 ) was Jordan Lyman (Fredric March). The president's…