The alternative title to Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein was The Modern Prometheus.
- What was the mummy’s name in The Mummy (1932)? The mummy's name was Im-Ho-Tep, aka Ardeth Bey, played by Boris Karloff. In the four sequels that followed, The Mummy's Hand (1940), The Mummy's Tomb (1942), The Mummy's Ghost (1944), and The Mummy's…
- Who played the title characters in Billy the Kid vs Dracula (1966)? Chuck Courtney was Billy the Kid in Billy the Kid vs Dracula (1966). John Carradine was Dracula. William Beaudine directed.
- What was the first American novel? In 1789, The Power of Sympathy by William Hill Brown was published. This first American novel, written by the son of a Boston clockmaker, concerned seduction, incest, rape, and suicide.
- What became of Percy Shelley’s first wife? Percy Shelley's first wife Harriet Westbrook Shelley committed suicide by drowning in 1816, two years after Shelley left her for Mary Wollstonecraft. Shelley had eloped with the sixteen-year-old Harriet in 1811. Shelley himself…
- What was Felix Salten’s real name? Felix Salten's real name is Siegmund Salzmann. Under the pen name "Salten," the German author wrote Bambi (1923). The first English translation was published in 1928.