The French Golgotha (1937), directed by Julien Duvivier was the first sound film about the life of Christ.
It starred Robert Le Vigan as Jesus, and Jean Gabin as Pontius Pilate.
- How did the practice of movie stars’ placing their footprints in front of Grauman’s Chinese Theatre begin? The practice of movie stars' placing their footprints in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre was an accident at first. It started when Sid Grauman put his footprints into unset concrete outside his own…
- Where was Bountiful in A Trip to Bountiful (1985)? Bountiful in A Trip to Bountiful (1985) was in Texas. It was the hometown to which Mrs. Watts (Geraldine Page) wanted to return before she died.
- What words end in gry? Angry, hungry, and gry, which is a now obsolete unit of measure that is equal to 0.008 inch.
- Where was Gethsemane mentioned in the bible? Gethsemane was the garden where Jesus was visited by an angel and betrayed by Judas. It was located on the western slope of the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem.
- Did Pythagoras discover the Pythagorean theorem? Since the ancient Greek mathematician and philosopher (fifth century B.C.) left no writings behind, it is hard to tell if Pythagoras discovered the Pythagorean theorem. His disciples in the Pythagorean school credited him…
- What Greek gods are Hector’s parents? None. Hector's parents, Priam and Hecuba, are both human.