The official PGA record for the longest golf drive is 406 yards by Jack L. Hamm on July 12, 1986.
- What is the highest-scoring pro basketball game to date? The highest-scoring pro basketball game was a 1983 game in which the Detroit Pistons beat the Denver Nuggets, 186-183.
- How much does an official baseball weigh? An official baseball weighs between 5 and 5.25 ounces.
- Was Queen Victoria related to King George III of England? Queen Victoria, who reigned from 1837 to 1901, was the grand daughter of the King George III, who lost the American colonies. This makes Elizabeth II, Queen of England since 1952, George's great-great-great-great…
- What is the longest-running daytime TV drama? "Search for Tomorrow" (CBS, 1951-1982; NBC 1982-1987) was the longest-running daytime TV drama. However, "The Guiding Light" is the longest daytime drama to run on both radio and TV. It began its run…
- What was Sam Shepard’s first play? Sam Shepard's first play was The Tooth of Crime (1973). His later plays include Buried Child (1979) and True West (1980).
- When was the first Indianapolis 500 race and who won? The 500-mile race in Indianapolis was first held on May 30, 1911, when Ray Harroun won in 6 hours, 42 minutes, 8 seconds. His average speed was 74.59 miles per hour.