The club where Ricky Ricardo (Desi Arnaz) played on “I Love Lucy” was in New York, he played at the Tropicana.
When the family moved to Connecticut, he started his own club, the Ricky Ricardo Babaloo Club.
- Who claimed, “I knew Doris Day before she was a virgin”? Pianist and wit Oscar Levant (1906-1972) made the claim after Doris Day became known for her virginal sex farces with Rock Hudson.
- How many episodes of “I Love Lucy” (CBS, 1951-57) centered on Lucy’s pregnancy and childbirth? Eight shows of "I Love Lucy" (CBS, 1951-57) centered on Lucy's pregnancy and childbirth. The first revealed that Lucy was pregnant; the eighth depicted her going to the hospital to have Little Ricky.
- What was Geena Davis’s screen debut? Geena Davis's screen debut was in Tootsie (1982), where she played the dressing-room mate of Dustin Hoffman.
- What was the first all-black sitcom on TV? "Amos 'n' Andy" (CBS, 1951-53) with Spencer Williams as Andy Brown and Alvin Childress as Amos Jones, was the first all-black sitcom on TV. Amos was a cabdriver, Andy a bachelor.
- Who played Lucy Ricardo’s (Lucille Ball’s) mother on “I Love Lucy” (CBS, 1951-57)? Mrs. McGillicuddy, Lucy Ricardo's (Lucille Ball's) mother, was played by Kathryn Card on "I Love Lucy" (CBS, 1951-57). Charles Winninger played Fred Mertz's (William Frawley's) father in 1954.
- In what movie does Bette Davis say, “What a dump!”? Bette Davis says, "What a dump!" in the movie Beyond the Forest (1949).