The name of the daughter of Rhett Butler and Scarlett O’Hara in Margaret Mitchell’s Gone With the Wind was Bonnie Blue Butler.
She is killed at an early age in a riding accident.
- What poem is the source of the title of Robert Penn Warren’s World Enough and Time (1950)? Andrew Marvell's "To His Coy Mistress" (1681) is the source of the title of Robert Penn Warren's World Enough and Time.
- Who wrote the screenplay for the original film version of Pygmalion (1938)? The play's author, George Bernard Shaw, who won an Oscar for his adaptation wrote the screenplay for the film Pygmalion.
- Did Shangri-La really exist? Shangri-La, the setting for James Hilton's 1933 novel Lost Horizon supposedly has a real-life counterpart in Hunza, Pakistan. The community, which boasts of having the healthiest people in the world, many over 100…
- Who wrote: “Laugh, and the world laughs with you,/ Weep, and you weep alone”? "Laugh, and the world laughs with you,/ Weep, and you weep alone" are the opening lines of the poem "Solitude" by Ella Wheeler Wilcox (1855-1919).
- Who first played Dr. Kildare in Interns Can’t Take Money? Joel McCrea first played Dr. Kildare, in Interns Can't Take Money (1937).
- Did Dorothy Parker write any screenplays? Dorothy Parker collaborated on several screenplays, including A Star Is Born (1937), The Little Foxes (1941), Saboteur (1942), and The Fan (1949).