Bertolt Brecht follows the general outline of English playwright John Gay’s The Beggar’s Opera (1728), but focuses more on social evils in The Threepenny Opera.
- Who and what received the first Academy Awards in 1927-1928?
- Whose face was so unforgettable in the title role of The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928)?
- Which was larger, the landslide that elected Herbert Hoover to the presidency in 1928 or the landslide that removed him in 1932?
- What is the name of the lover in D. H. Lawrence’s Lady Chatterley’s Lover (1928)?
- Is the work called The Rake’s Progress a painting or an opera?