The first three American states admitted to the union after the original 13 were:
Vermont-1791, created from parts of New York and New Hampshire
Kentucky-1792, created from Virginia
Tennessee-1796, created from North Carolina
- What U.S. states were in the Union during the Civil War and what states were in the Confederacy? Twenty-five states were in the Union by the end of the Civil War; 11 were in the Confederacy. The states were: Union Confederacy California Alabama Connecticut Arkansas Delaware Florida Illinois Georgia Indiana Louisiana…
- Who was “Old Fuss and Feathers”? General Winfield Scott, who also led troops in the Mexican War was "Old Fuss and Feathers". Scott's vain and blustering ways earned him his nickname.
- When did Gene Tunney beat Jack Dempsey for the heavyweight boxing championship? James J. "Gene" Tunney sent Harrison "Jack" Dempsey against the ropes for the heavyweight boxing championship in 1926. Dempsey had held the title since 1919, when he defeated Jess Willard.
- Who took the lead parts in The King and I (1956)? Deborah Kerr and Yul Brynner had the lead parts in The King and I (1956). Brynner won an Oscar.
- Who played Marilyn Monroe in the screen biography Goodbye, Norma Jean (1975)? Misty Rowe played Marilyn Monroe in the screen biography Goodbye, Norma Jean (1975). The title refers to Monroe's real name, Norma Jean Baker.
- What books comprise John Galsworthy’s The Forsyte Saga? Three novels comprise John Galsworthy's The Forsyte Saga: 1. The Man of Property (1906) 2. In Chancery (1920) 3. To Let (1921) and two "interludes": 1. Indian Summer of a Forsyte (1922) 2.…