Freedonia and Sylvania were the mythical countries in Duck Soup.
The mythical country in Million Dollar Legs ( 1932 ) was Klopstokia.
The mythical country in The Mouse That Roared ( 1959 ) was The Duchy of Grand Fenwick.
- What ever happened to Bonzo of Bedtime for Bonzo (1951)? The chimp from Bedtime for Bonzo died in a trailer fire in the early 1950s, along with his four stand-ins, on the day he was scheduled to help present the first Patsy Awards…
- What did the O in David O. Selznick (1902-1965) stand for? The O in David O. Selznick (1902-1965) stood for Oliver.
- To whom did the million-dollar legs belong in the 1939 movie Million Dollar Legs? The million-dollar legs belong to a racehorse by the same name. Betty Grable's legs and the rest of the actress appeared in the movie too.
- How long, on average, does one have to wait for a new Stanley Kubrick movie? Lately, about five years is how often a new Stanley Kubrick movie is released. In Kubrick's early period, from Fear and Desire (1953) to Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying…
- Who and what received the first Academy Awards in 1927-1928? Best Picture—Wings (1927) (Best "Production") Best Actor—Emil Jannings in The Last Command (1927) and The Way of All Flesh (1927) Best Actress—Janet Gaynor in Seventh Heaven (1927), Street Angel (1927), and Sunrise (1927)…
- Who designed the electrical machinery used to create life in Frankenstein (1931)? Special-effects man Ken Strickfaden designed the electrical machinery used to create life in Frankenstein (1931).