According to Mr. Memory, “The Thirty-Nine Steps is an organization of spies, collecting information on behalf of the foreign office of…”
At this point, he was shot.
- Was the John Davidson who appears in old movie credits any relation to TV’s John Davidson? No, John Davidson who appears in old movie credits has no relation to TV's John Davidson. The earlier John Davidson (1886-1968) was a character actor who usually played dapper, sinister foreigners in silent…
- Who played Ahab in the original film version of Moby Dick (1930)? John Barrymore played Ahab in the original film version of Moby Dick. No one played Ishmael. The character was cut out of the screenplay, which differed heavily from Herman Melville's novel.
- How many deceased inhabitants of Spoon River recite their verse epitaphs in Edgar Lee Masters’s Spoon River Anthology (1915)? Two hundred and forty-four deceased inhabitants of Spoon River recite their verse epitaphs in Edgar Lee Masters's Spoon River Anthology.
- In how many swashbuckler movies did Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone cross swords? Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone starred in two movies, Captain Blood (1935) and The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938). The two also acted together in The Dawn Patrol (1938).
- What was the name of the Broadway play with which Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder tried to fleece their investors in The Producers (1968)? The name of the Broadway play in The Producers was Springtime for Hitler. Nazi refugee Franz Liebkind, played by Kenneth Mars, was the play's author.
- What was the first film to feature rock music? Blackboard Jungle (1955) was the first film to feature rock music. Bill Haley's "Rock Around the Clock" played over the opening credits.