ABC telecast the match between Billie Jean King play Bobby Riggs at 8:00 P.M. on September 20, 1973.
It was played in the Astrodome in Houston.
The prize was $100,000. King won the five-set match.
- Who won the U.S. vs U.S.S.R. Olympic basketball final in 1972? At first, it seemed that the U.S. had won the Olympic basketball final in 1972 50-49 . But it was ruled that the clock was wrong, and there were three seconds left to…
- What musical work plays during the space ballet in 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)? Blue Danube Waltz by Johann Strauss was the piece that plays during the space ballet in 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968).
- To what does the title of Sean O’Casey’s The Plough and the Stars (1926) refer? The title of Sean O'Casey's The Plough and the Stars refers to the banner of the Irish Citizens Army, of which O'Casey was once a member. The play concerns members of the army…
- Who wrote Arsenic and Old Lace? The 1941 Broadway play Arsenic and Old Lace was written by Joseph Kesselring. The 1946 movie adaptation was directed by Frank Capra.
- What is Nirvana and where is Valhalla? Nirvana is not a place but a state of bliss to which Buddhists aspire. In Sanskrit it means the "going out" of a light. Early Buddhists used the word to describe the extinction…
- How did “Mildred Pierce” build her fortune in the 1945 movie of that name? Mildred Pierce was a waitress who bought an eatery that she built into a chain of restaurants.