The pilot for “Happy Days” (ABC, 197484) first appeared on February 1972, as a segment of “Love, American Style” (ABC, 1969-74), called “Love and the Happy Days.”
- How many spinoffs did “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” (CBS, 1970-77) have? "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" (CBS, 1970-77) had three spinoffs, all on CBS: "Rhoda" (1974-78); "Phyllis" (1975-77); and "Lou Grant" (1977-82).
- When did Bela Lugosi first play Count Dracula? The Hungarian actor Bela Lugosi first played the role onstage in the 1927 Broadway production of Dracula. It was adapted by Hamilton Deane and John Balderston from Bram Stoker's novel. Lugosi became famous…
- Of what town has Sonny Bono been mayor? Sonny Bono has been mayor of Palm Springs, California, since 1988.
- Who wrote the teleplay for the CBS TV movie “Playing for Time” (1980)? Playwright Arthur Miller wrote the teleplay for the CBS TV movie "Playing for Time" (1980). Vanessa Redgrave played Auschwitz prisoner Fania Fenelon.
- What was the name of the high school in “Room 222” (ABC, 1969-74)? Walt Whitman High School was the high school in the TV series "Room 222" (ABC, 1969-74). In "Welcome Back, Kotter" (ABC, 1975-79)? James Buchanan High School. In "Head of the Class" (ABC, 1986-91)?…
- In what ear does Mr. Clean wear his earring? The gold hoop earring is in Mr. Clean's left earlobe. Mr. Clean made his first TV appearance in 1958. The Mr. Clean jingle was sung by Don Cherry and Betty Bryan.