When was the moving electric sign installed around the New York Times building in Times Square?

The electric sign on 1 Times Square at 42nd Street in New York that displays headlines was installed in 1928.

At that time, the building housed offices of the New York Times and was known as the Times Tower.

It is now owned by several general and limited partners and runs headlines from New York Newsday.

Main offices for the New York Times are located on 43rd Street, in the building originally meant to be an annex to the Times Tower.

Leave a Comment