John Wayne got the nickname “Duke” because he had a dog named “Duke” as a child.
To distinguish them, the dog was known as “Big Duke” and Wayne as “Little Duke.”
- When were George Burns and Gracie Allen married? George Burns and Gracie Allen were married in 1926. Their marriage lasted until Gracie's death in 1965.
- Who was known as the “Sage of Baltimore”? Editor and writer H. L. Mencken (1880-1956), who lived his entire life in Baltimore and wrote for the Baltimore Sun for 40 years, was the "Sage of Baltimore". His works include Prejudices (1919-27)…
- Did Walter Matthau ever direct a movie? Walter Matthau directed only one movie, Gangster Story (1959). He both directed and starred in it.
- What was the name of the United States president in Dr. Strangelove (1964)? The name of the United States president in Dr. Strangelove was Merkin Muffley (Peter Sellers). The president's name in Seven Days in May ( 1964 ) was Jordan Lyman (Fredric March). The president's…
- What is Jodie Foster’s real name? Jodie Foster's real name is Alicia Christian Foster. She was born in 1962 in the Bronx, New York.
- What is the one thing that history has taught us, according to Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) in The Godfather, Part II (1974)? According to Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) in The Godfather, Part II (1974), the one thing that history has taught us is "That you can kill anybody."