The silent vamp, Theda Bara’s name was an anagram for “Arab Death.”
She was born Theodosia Goodman.
- What was Little Caesar’s real name? Caesar Enrico Bandello, played by Edward G. Robinson in the 1930 film Little Caesar.
- What was the first Fu Manchu movie made as a sound feature? The Mysterious Dr. Fu Manchu (1929), starring Warner Oland, was the first Fu Manchu movie made as a sound feature.
- In how many swashbuckler movies did Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone cross swords? Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone starred in two movies, Captain Blood (1935) and The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938). The two also acted together in The Dawn Patrol (1938).
- What historical event does Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo (1944) commemorate? Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo depicts the first American air raid on Japan, staged in 1942 by Lt. Colonel Jimmy Doolittle (played by Spencer Tracy). The movie was based on the book of the…
- Who directed Around the World in 80 Days (1956)? Michael Anderson directed Around the World in 80 Days. Mike Todd produced the movie. Victor Young wrote the score. The score won an Oscar. S. J. Perelman wrote the screenplay. John Farrow and…
- Where was gladiator film star Steve Reeves born? Steve Reeves was born in Glasgow, Montana, in 1926. The bodybuilding champion became famous in Italian mythological epics beginning with Hercules (aka Le Fatiche di Ercole) in 1957.