Nowhere in the Bible does it say that cleanliness is next to godliness.
It came from John Wesley (1703-1791), the British theologian who founded Methodism.
- Who asked, “Was you ever bit by a dead bee”? Walter Brennan asked, "Was you ever bit by a dead bee" nearly everyone he met in To Have and Have Not (1944).
- What is the last line of Little Caesar (1930)? The last line of Little Caesar (1930) was "Mother of Mercy, is this the end of Rico?"
- Who said, “From what I hear about Communism, I don’t like it because it isn’t on the level”? Gary Cooper said, "From what I hear about Communism, I don't like it because it isn't on the level".
- Who said of Judy Garland’s death, “She just plain wore out”? Ray Bolger, her costar (as the Scarecrow) in The Wizard of Oz (1939).
- What did the name “Max Headroom” (ABC, 1987) stand for on the TV series? Just before reporter Edison Carter (Matt Frewer) crashed a motorcycle, he saw the words, "Max Headroom, 2.3 m." on the TV series "Max Headroom" (ABC, 1987). His memory impulses create a new character,…
- What is the name of the bar aboard the Enterprise on “Star Trek: The Next Generation” (synd., 1987)? The bar aboard the Enterprise on "Star Trek: The Next Generation" was called Ten Forward. Whoopi Goldberg, as Guinan, runs it.