The 1981 novel Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson is set in Fingerbone, Montana.
- When were Tinkertoys invented? In 1913, Illinois stonemason Charles Pajean brought the toy he created for his children to the American Toy Fair in New York City. Within one year, 1 million Tinkertoy sets had been sold.
- What was the name of Don Quixote’s horse? The name of Don Quixote's horse was Rocinante. The scrawny old horse and its rider appeared in Cervantes's Don Quixote de la Mancha (1605, 1615).
- Who said, “This year I’m a star, but what will I be next year, a black hole?” Woody Allen said, "This year I'm a star, but what will I be next year, a black hole."
- What was Elijah Muhammad’s name at birth? The leader of the Nation of Islam, Elijah Muhammad, was born Elijah Poole in 1897 near Sandersville, Georgia. He took over leadership of the Muslim sect (founded in Detroit in 1930 and commonly…
- Who created Roderick Hudson? Henry James created Roderick Hudson, in the 1876 novel of the same name.
- Who played Robin Hood’s sidekick Little John in The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)? Alan Hale played Robin Hood's sidekick Little John, alongside Errol Flynn as Robin. Nicol Williamson played the part in Robin and Marian (1976), alongside Sean Connery. Nick Brimble played Robin Hood's sidekick Little…