The Bridge on the River Kwai was filmed in Ceylon (now Sri Lanka).
- How does George Bernard Shaw’s Pygmalion end? The play, Pygmalion, by George Bernard Shaw ends with Eliza Doolittle asserting her humanity and rejecting Henry Higgins. But the 1938 movie ending, approved by Shaw, brought the pair together. The musical version,…
- Where is the largest Chinese settlement outside the Orient? The largest Chinese settlement outside of Asia is San Francisco's Chinatown district. It covers only about 12 square blocks.
- What was the name of the Russian boxer faced by Rocky Balboa in Rocky IV (1985)? Drago (Dolph Lundgren) was the name of the Russian boxer in Rocky IV.
- Who plays the woman with the deformed cheeks who sings about Heaven in Eraserhead (1978)? Laurel Near plays the woman with the deformed cheeks who sings about Heaven in Eraserhead (1978). The music and lyrics of her song are by Peter Ivers. Fans know the character as the…
- Who was the first Jesse James in a movie? His son, Jesse James was the first Jesse James in a movie. Jr. James's movies include: Jesse James Under the Black Flag (1921) and Jesse James as the Outlaw (1921), both silent films.