Raymond Chandler thought Dick Powell, in Murder, My Sweet (1945), gave the best performance as Detective Philip Marlowe.
- How many Tony Awards has Julie Harris won? Five, the most Tonys won by any actor or actress. The awards were for her dramatic performances in the following plays: I Am a Camera (1952) The Lark (1956) Forty Carats (1969) The…
- Who directed the first version of And Then There Were None (1945)? Rene Clair directed the first version of And Then There Were None (1945), starring Barry Fitzgerald and Walter Huston. The Agatha Christie story was remade three times, each time as Ten Little Indians:…
- How many actresses interviewed for the part of Scarlett O’Hara? There were 1,400 actresses who interviewed for the part of Scarlett O'Hara in Scarlett Letters. Four hundred were asked to do readings.
- What was the name of the Faerie Queene in Spenser’s The Faerie Queene (1590-96)? Gloriana was the name of the Faerie Queene in Spenser's The Faerie Queene (1590-96).
- Who goes with Everyman to face Judgment? Only Good Deeds goes with Everyman to face Judgment. In the 1495 morality play, Everyman is deserted by Beauty, Strength, Discretion, and Five Wits.
- When was Best Foreign Language Film introduced as a regular category in the Academy Awards? Best Foreign Language Film was introduced as a regular category in the Academy Awards in 1956. The first winner was La Strada (Italian, 1954), directed by Federico Fellini.