Cape Flattery, Washington, and a point on the Florida coast south of Miami.
They are 2,835 miles apart.
- Who were the first women to head the two major political parties in the United States? In 1972, Jean Westwood became the first woman to head the Democratic party. In 1974, Mary Louise Smith became the first woman to head the Republican party.
- What poem contains the line, "Things fall apart; the center cannot hold"? William Butler Yeats's "The Second Coming" (1920) contains the line, "Things fall apart; the center cannot hold".
- How many points did the Dow Jones industrial average fall in the Stock Market Crash of 1987? The Dow Jones fell 508 points, or 22.6 percent, on Monday, October 19, 1987.
- What were the starting and ending points of Franklin Roosevelt's Hundred Days? The period known as Franklin Roosevelt's Hundred Days, which represented the first session of the first New Deal Congress, lasted from March 9 to June 16, 1933.…
- Who created the phrase "a thousand points of light"? Peggy Noonan created the phrase "a thousand points of light", in a speech she wrote for presidential nominee George Bush at the 1988 Republican Convention.
- Which age group in the United States has the highest voter turnout? According to 1980 census findings, citizens in the 55 64 age group had a turnout of 71.3 percent. Close behind were those in the 65-to-74 age group,…