Which state is known as the Blue Hen State? Delaware.
Which state is known as the Gopher State? Minnesota.
Which state is known as the Beaver State? Oregon.
- What is a meat-eater slang for? It is slang for a policeman or politician who accepts or extorts graft.
- Which U.S. state has the highest per-capita personal income? Connecticut was number one in 1987 with $20,980. At the bottom was Mississippi with $10,204. The average per-capita personal income in the United States as a whole was $15,340.
- When was the first laundromat opened? The first laundromat opened on April 18, 1934. It was the Washateria in Fort Worth, Texas by J. F. Cantrell. It offered four electric washing machines that were rented by the hour.
- How big is Manhattan Island? Manhattan is 13.4 miles long, 2.3 miles across at its widest point, and 22.5 square miles in area.
- For what fictitious movie did Vicki Lester (Judy Garland) win the Best Actress Oscar in A Star Is Born (1954)? A World for Two was the fictitious movie where Vicki Lester (Judy Garland) win the Best Actress Oscar in A Star Is Born (1954)?.
- How many ancient Norse settlements have been discovered in North America? Only one ancient Norse settlement has been discovered in North America. The remains of a colony at L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland were discovered by Norwegian archeologists in the 1960s. Settled in the…