Henry Fielding (1707-54) called the novel a “comic-epic poem in prose”, in the preface to his 1742 novel Joseph Andrews.
- Who was the voice of Mr. Ed? Rocky Lane, a cowboy movie hero whose films included: King of the Mounties, Red Gulch Renegades, and Silver City Kid. On at least one occasion, George Burns also supplied Mr. Ed's voice.
- Who was Robin in Robin and the Seven Hoods (1964)? Robbo, the character "inspired" by Robin Hood, was played by Frank Sinatra. Among the hoods were Dean Martin as Little John and Sammy Davis, Jr., as Will.
- What figure of Greek mythology is crushed by fate in Jean Cocteau’s tragedy The Infernal Machine (1934)? Oedipus is crushed by fate in Jean Cocteau's tragedy The Infernal Machine.
- What new Hemingway novel was published in the 1980s? The Hemingway novel The Garden of Eden, was published posthumously by Scribners in 1986.
- What was the name of Socrates’ wife? Famed for her shrewishness, the wife of the fifth-century B.C. Athenian philosopher Socrates was named Xantippe.
- How many of Bing Crosby’s sons have killed themselves? Two of the four of Bing Crosby's sons have killed themselves. Lindsay Crosby shot himself in 1989; Dennis Crosby shot himself in 1991.