Character actor Norman Lloyd, falls from the Statue of Liberty in the climax of Saboteur (1942).
- Was the Smithsonian Institution named after an American? No, the Smithsonian Institution wasn't named after an American. Founded in 1846, it was named for British chemist James Smithson (1765-1829), who bequeathed his fortune to build the U.S. institution. It is now…
- What is the official name of the Statue of Liberty in New York? The official name of the Statue of Liberty is "Liberty Enlightening the World." A gift from France, the statue was designed by Frederic Auguste Bartholdi and dedicated in New York harbor in 1886.
- What was the first movie to feature the line “We could have made beautiful music together”? The General Died at Dawn (1936) was the first movie to feature the line "We could have made beautiful music together". Gary Cooper says it to Madeleine Carroll.
- Did novelist Joseph Heller ever work in Hollywood? Yes, novelist Joseph Heller worked in Hollywood With David R. Schwartz, he cowrote the screenplay of Sex and the Single Girl (1964), the sex farce based on Helen Gurley Brown's book of the…
- What slogan was used to promote God (George Burns) in Oh, God, Book II (1980)? "Think God." was the slogan was used to promote God in the movie Oh, God, Book II.
- When Joey (Brandon DeWilde) calls out to Shane (Alan Ladd), “Come back!”, where is Shane supposed to come back to? Shane supposed to come back to a ranch in the Grand Tetons, Wyoming, in the movie Shane (1953).