Alvy Singer (Woody Allen) in Annie Hall (1977), had been killing spiders since he was thirty.
- Does a millipede really have 1000 legs? No, the number of legs varies. The greatest number reported on a centipede is 171 to 177 pairs of legs; on a millipede, 375.
- Where did Theda Bara get her name? The silent vamp, Theda Bara's name was an anagram for "Arab Death." She was born Theodosia Goodman.
- When was Lee Harvey Oswald shot? At about 11:20 A.M. (CST), on November 24, 1963, the twenty-four-year-old Oswald was shot by Dallas nightclub operator Jack Ruby (formerly Rubenstein). Lee Harvey Oswald was shot while he was being transferred from…
- In how many swashbuckler movies did Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone cross swords? Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone starred in two movies, Captain Blood (1935) and The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938). The two also acted together in The Dawn Patrol (1938).
- What was the first film to feature rock music? Blackboard Jungle (1955) was the first film to feature rock music. Bill Haley's "Rock Around the Clock" played over the opening credits.
- Was the John Davidson who appears in old movie credits any relation to TV’s John Davidson? No, John Davidson who appears in old movie credits has no relation to TV's John Davidson. The earlier John Davidson (1886-1968) was a character actor who usually played dapper, sinister foreigners in silent…