“Mister Senor Love Daddy” (Sam Jackson) is the DJ at WE LOVE radio, 108 FM in Do the Right Thing (1989), “The last on your dial, but the first in ya hearts, and that’s the truth, Ruth!”
- Who made the first transatlantic flight? The first transatlantic flight was made by Albert C. ("Putty") Read and crew aboard the Lame Duck, May 16 to 27, 1919. They flew, with stops, from Trespassey Bay, Canada, to Plymouth, England.…
- What was director John Ford’s (1895-1973) real name? Director John Ford's (1895-1973) real name was Sean Aloysius O'Feeney.
- Is Alistair Cooke American or British? Alistair Cooke was born in Manchester, England, on November 20, 1908, but has been an American citizen since 1941. Cooke has hosted the PBS TV series "Masterpiece Theatre" since its inception in 1971.
- For what World’s Fair was the Space Needle in Seattle erected? The 600-foot futuristic steel structure in Seattle, known as the Space Needle, was erected for the Century 21 exposition in 1962.
- Who was the “King of Daredevil Comedy”? Harold Lloyd, whose best-known movie is Safety Last (1923), was the "King of Daredevil Comedy".
- Why is twenty-one considered the age of legal adulthood? The practice grew out of British common law. Before the Norman invasion, thirteen or fourteen was considered the age of adulthood, at least among the nobility. But during battles, it was observed that…