Michael St. Gerard played Elvis in the short-lived TV series “Elvis” (ABC, 1989-90).
- Who played Bud Abbott and Lou Costello in the TV movie “Bud and Lou” about the duo? Harvey Korman played Bud and Buddy Hackett played Lou in the TV movie "Bud and Lou" (1978).
- Was John Bardeen the only person to win two Nobel Prizes in his or her field? Yes. John Bardeen (b. 1908) won two Nobel Prizes in physics. In 1956, he and W.B.S. Shockley and W. H. Brattain were awarded the prize for the invention of the transistor. In 1972,…
- In what century did Europeans discover Alaska? Europeans discovered Alaska in the 18th century. Vitus Bering, a Dane working for the Russians, and Alexei Chirikov discovered Alaska and the Aleutian Islands in 1741.
- Who was Martinus Scriblerus? The pseudonym Martinus Scriblerus was adopted by several members of the Scriblerus Club, a group formed to ridicule "false tastes in learning." Members of the club included Jonathan Swift, John Arbuthnot, Alexander Pope,…
- How many gallons of oil did the Exxon Valdez spill into Prince William Sound in Alaska? After hitting an undersea reef, the oil tanker the Exxon Valdez spilled over 10 million gallons into the Alaskan waters on March 24, 1989, in the worst oil spill in U.S. history.
- In the 1956 movie of the same name what was the Forbidden Planet? The Forbidden Planet was called Altair IV.