Francis Ford (1882-1953), brother of the movie’s director, John Ford, plays the old man with the long white beard in The Quiet Man (1952).
The Quiet Man was Francis’s twenty-ninth appearance in a John Ford film.
- Who played Spock’s love interest Leila on the “Star Trek” (NBC, 1966-69) episode called “This Side of Paradise”? Jill Ireland played Spock's love interest Leila on the "Star Trek" (NBC, 1966-69) episode called "This Side of Paradise".
- Where did the phrase to eat Humble Pie originate? In the eighteenth century, the best meat of any meal went to the men of the house and their friends. The women and children ate the umbles, the tongue and entrails, baked in…
- How many directing Oscars did Alfred Hitchcock win? Alfred Hitchcock did not win any directing Oscars.
- Who is the hero of Richard Wright’s Native Son (1940)? The hero of Richard Wright's Native Son is Bigger Thomas, a black man from Chicago who murders a white woman and is executed for it.
- Who is the central figure in James Joyce’s Finnegans Wake (1939)? The main character in James Joyce's Finnegans Wake is Humphrey Chimpden Ear-wicker, a pubkeeper in Dublin who is trying to live down an undisclosed crime he committed against a young woman (or man)…
- What percentage of American households have a TV set? In 1992, 98 percent of U.S. households had a TV set. Sixty-five percent had two or more. Seventy-seven percent had videocassette recorders.