Union General William Tecumseh Sherman said, “If nominated I will not run. If elected I will not serve”, when the Republicans tried to draft him for president upon his retirement from the army in 1880.
- Who first said “Eureka!” and what did it have to do with a bath?
- What sports personality said, “The opera ain’t over ’til the fat lady sings”?
- Who said, “Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country”?
- Who said, “Whenever I feel like exercise, I lie down until the feeling passes”?
- Who said, “A little knowledge is a dangerous thing”?