Cecil B. DeMille said, “My mind is not one that grasps the immorality of the bathroom”, defending his right to film bathtub scenes.
- Who asked, “Was this the face that launched a thousand ships, /And burnt the topless towers of Ilium”? Dr. Faustus in Christopher Marlowe's play Dr. Faustus (c. 1588-92), on conjuring up Helen of Troy.
- Who said, “Pictures are the only business where you can sit out front and applaud yourself”? Will Rogers said, "Pictures are the only business where you can sit out front and applaud yourself".
- Who created the phrase “a thousand points of light”? Peggy Noonan created the phrase "a thousand points of light", in a speech she wrote for presidential nominee George Bush at the 1988 Republican Convention.
- Why wasn’t Gregory Peck in uniform during World War II? Gregory Peck was exempt from service during World War II because of a spinal injury. This helped to bring him into high demand as a leading man for films such as Days of…
- Who played James Bond in the movie Casino Royale (1967)? David Niven played James Bond in the movie Casino Royale (1967). His nephew, Jimmy Bond, was played by Woody Allen.
- Who said of Judy Garland’s death, “She just plain wore out”? Ray Bolger, her costar (as the Scarecrow) in The Wizard of Oz (1939).