H. L. Mencken said, “Puritanism is the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy”.
- In what Alexander Pope poem is reference made to “damning with faint praise”?
- When did May Day on May 1st become an international day for honoring workers?
- How many communists did Senator Joseph McCarthy say he found in the State Department?
- Who said, “I am not among those who fear the people; they, and not the rich, are our dependence for continued freedom”?
- What author said of what work, “I have protracted my work til most of those whom I wished to please have sunk into the grave, and success and miscarriage are empty sounds: I therefore dismiss it with frigid tranquility, having little to fear or hope from censure or from praise”?
- Who said, “Gather ye rosebuds while ye may”?