Anthony Hopkins supplied the voice of Laurence Olivier in the restored bath scene in Spartacus (1960, restored 1991).
- Where does director Alfred Hitchcock appear in Rebecca (1940)? Alfred Hitchcock passes by a phone booth being used by George Sanders in Rebecca. Hitchcock can be seen in a weight-reduction ad in a newspaper in Lifeboat ( 1944 ). His outline appears…
- Who looked back in anger in Look Back in Anger (1959)? Richard Burton, playing British malcontent Jimmy Porter in Look Back in Anger (1959).
- What did “C.H.U.D.” in the movie C.H.U.D. (1984) stand for? C.H.U.D. stands for Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers, in the movie of the same name.
- What are shooting stars? Shooting stars are not stars but meteorites, particles from space entering and burning up in the earth's atmosphere.
- Who was Tom Jones’s mother in Henry Fielding’s novel? At the beginning of Henry Fielding's novel Tom Jones (1749), it appears his mother is Jenny Jones, servant of Squire Allworthy. By the end of the novel, his true mother is revealed: Bridget,…
- For how much a week did Richard Gere hire Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman (1990)? Richard Gere hired Julia Roberts for three thousand dollars a week, cash in Pretty Woman.