Robbo, the character “inspired” by Robin Hood, was played by Frank Sinatra.
Among the hoods were Dean Martin as Little John and Sammy Davis, Jr., as Will.
- What is the tongue-twister that kicks off a song-and dance number in Singin’ in the Rain (1952)? The tongue-twister that kicks off a song-and dance number in Singin' in the Rain (1952) was "Moses supposes his toses are roses but Moses supposes erroneously."
- What actors preceded Warren Beatty in the role of Dick Tracy (1990)? Ralph Byrd played the part in the Republic (and later RKO) series beginning with Dick Tracy (1937). Morgan Conway played the police detective in two RKO films, beginning with Dick Tracy (1945).
- What is the rank of hands in poker? The hands in poker in order of value, from highest to lowest: Royal Flush Straight Flush Four of a Kind Full House Flush Straight Three of a Kind Two Pairs One Pair High…
- Who wrote the short story on which Alfred Hitch-cock’s The Birds (1963) is based? Daphne du Maurier wrote the short story that inspired Hitch-cock's The Birds.
- What three virtues does Lentulus Batiatus (Peter Ustinov) acquire at the end of Spartacus (1960)? According to Gracchus (Charles Laughton), Batiatus acquires dignity, honesty, and courage (though Gracchus has to bribe him to acquire courage) at the end of Spartacus.
- Did novelist Joseph Heller ever work in Hollywood? Yes, novelist Joseph Heller worked in Hollywood With David R. Schwartz, he cowrote the screenplay of Sex and the Single Girl (1964), the sex farce based on Helen Gurley Brown's book of the…