The archetypal villain Simon Legree first appeared in Harriet Beecher Stowe’s Uncle Tom’s Cabin (1852) as the brutal degenerate who flogs Tom to death.
- What is Neil Simon’s complete name and what was his first Broadway play?
- When Joey (Brandon DeWilde) calls out to Shane (Alan Ladd), “Come back!”, where is Shane supposed to come back to?
- How did the elephant and donkey come to be the symbols for the Republican and Democratic parties?
- Where did Alf, Uncle Martin, and Mork come from on the TV series Mork and Mindy?
- How did American currency come to be called dollars and cents?