Sidney Poitier for Lilies of the Field (1963), was the first black man to win an Oscar for Best Actor.
- Who was the youngest actor or actress to win an Oscar in a standard category? Ten-year-old Tatum O'Neal won an Oscar in 1973, for Best Supporting Actress in Peter Bogdanovich's Paper Moon.
- For what fictitious movie did Vicki Lester (Judy Garland) win the Best Actress Oscar in A Star Is Born (1954)? A World for Two was the fictitious movie where Vicki Lester (Judy Garland) win the Best Actress Oscar in A Star Is Born (1954)?.
- Did Hoagy Carmichael ever win an Oscar for Best Song? Hoagy Carmichael won in 1951 for "In the Cool Cool Cool of the Evening," which appeared in Here Comes the Groom, starring Bing Crosby.
- Why is the head groomsman at a wedding called the best man and why isn't there a best woman? The phrase best man is of Scottish origin and recalls the days when a bridegroom simply kidnapped the woman he wanted as his bride. To help him…
- Which actor did Raymond Chandler think gave the best performance as Detective Philip Marlowe? Raymond Chandler thought Dick Powell, in Murder, My Sweet (1945), gave the best performance as Detective Philip Marlowe.
- Who was the most nominated actor who never won an Oscar? Richard Burton (1925-1984) was the most nominated actor who never won an Oscar. He was nominated for an Oscar six times.