John F. Kennedy was the first president born in the 20th century, on May 29, 1917.
- What is the median age in the United States? The median age in the United States was 33 in 1990.
- Where was the first U.S. presidential mansion? The first presidential mansion was located at One Cherry Street in New York City. It was not called the White House. George Washington lived there from April 23, 1789, to February 23, 1790.
- Who was the first president defeated for reelection? John Adams (1735-1826), the second president, was the first president defeated for reelection in 1801. Thomas Jefferson defeated him and served two terms, from 1801 to 1809.
- What play was President Abraham Lincoln watching at Ford’s Theater when he was assassinated? Abraham Lincoln was watching Our American Cousin, by Tom Taylor, on the evening of April 14, 1865. It was during this play when John Wilkes Booth entered Lincoln's private box and fired his…
- How many U.S. presidents never married? Only one U.S. president was never married, James Buchanan (president 1857-61).
- In what year was the Temple in Jerusalem destroyed? The Temple in Jerusalem was destroyed twice. The first Temple was razed by the Babylonians in 586 B.C. The second was destroyed by the Romans in A.D. 70.