Dave Forbes of the Boston Bruins hockey team was indicted for a crime committed during a match.
He was alleged to have used aggressive force on an opponent.
On July 18, 1975, his trial for criminal assault ended in a hung jury.
- What American writer said, “I don’t think any novelist should be concerned with literature”? Jacqueline Susann (1918-74) said, "I don't think any novelist should be concerned with literature". She was the immensely successful author of such fiction bestsellers as Valley of the Dolls (1966), The Love Machine…
- Who won the first Army–Navy football game? The Navy won the first Army–Navy football game, 24-0. The game was played at West Point, New York, on November 29, 1890.
- When did the Brooklyn Dodgers move to Los Angeles? The Brooklyn Dodgers left Ebbets Field and moved to Los Angeles after the 1957 baseball season.
- Was Wilt Chamberlain the first pro basketball player over seven feet tall? Although Wilt Chamberlain was not the first seven-foot-tall basketball player, he was the first to dispel the then common notion that big, tall men were awkward players. At 7 feet, 1 inch and…
- Which ice hockey player holds the lifetime record for scoring goals? Gordie Howe of the Detroit Red Wings, who scored 801 goals in his 25-year career, from 1946 to 1971 has the lifetime record for scoring goals.
- How old was Satchel Paige when he signed to a major league team? Forty-two-year-old Leroy "Satchel" Paige became the oldest rookie in pro baseball when he signed with the Cleveland Indians in 1948. He had been a pitcher in the Negro Leagues since 1926.