Arnold Palmer was the first U.S. professional male golfer to win over $1 million during his career, in 1963.
No U.S. professional female golfer earned this much money until Kathy Wentworth in 1981.
- What were the names of the mythical countries in Duck Soup (1933)? Freedonia and Sylvania were the mythical countries in Duck Soup. The mythical country in Million Dollar Legs ( 1932 ) was Klopstokia. The mythical country in The Mouse That Roared ( 1959 )…
- Who was the first woman to swim across the English Channel? The first woman to cross the English Channel, Gertrude Ederle, clocked in at 14 hours, 39 minutes on August 5, 1926. In doing so, she broke the existing men's record.
- How many Americans died in the Vietnam War? According to the U.S. Department of Defense, 58,135 Americans were killed and 153,303 wounded. It is estimated that 1.3 million Vietnamese lost their lives.
- Who pitched the only perfect game in World Series history? The no-hitter was pitched by Don Larsen of the New York Yankees against the Brooklyn Dodgers in the fifth game of the 1956 World Series.
- What was the Keystone that gave the Keystone Kops their name? The Keystone Company was the movie studio formed by Mack Sennett in 1912. The Kops appeared in a number of the studio's more than 1,000 comedy shorts.
- What is the longest baseball game on record? A baseball game running eight hours and six minutes was played by the Chicago White Sox and the Milwaukee Brewers on May 9, 1984. It was the longest baseball game recorded. The White…