William Howard Taft, at a top weight of 352 pounds was the heaviest U.S. president.
- Where was the first U.S. presidential mansion? The first presidential mansion was located at One Cherry Street in New York City. It was not called the White House. George Washington lived there from April 23, 1789, to February 23, 1790.
- Which signers of the Declaration of Independence became presidents and who signed the Constitution? Only two future presidents signed the Declaration of Independence, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. George Washington and James Madison were the only two to sign the Constitution.
- Who was the first president defeated for reelection? John Adams (1735-1826), the second president, was the first president defeated for reelection in 1801. Thomas Jefferson defeated him and served two terms, from 1801 to 1809.
- Who was the first president born after the United States declared its independence? The eighth president, Martin Van Buren (1836-1844), was born on December 5, 1782, after the United States declared its independence.
- Which U.S. presidents were bachelors? James Buchanan (1857-1861) was the only U.S. president that was a lifelong bachelor. He had been engaged in 1819 to Ann Caroline Coleman, but she died of an overdose of laudanum before the…
- What play was President Abraham Lincoln watching at Ford’s Theater when he was assassinated? Abraham Lincoln was watching Our American Cousin, by Tom Taylor, on the evening of April 14, 1865. It was during this play when John Wilkes Booth entered Lincoln's private box and fired his…