New York City policeman Eddie Egan was the inspiration for Jimmy “Popeye” Doyle in the movie The French Connection.
- Is there any connection between the Avon Lady and Shakespeare’s hometown Stratford-upon-Avon?
- Which was insured for the most money, Fred Astaire’s feet, Betty Grable’s legs, or Jimmy Durante’s nose?
- What went wrong with President Jimmy Carter’s military attempt to free the hostages in Iran?
- While in office, where did President Jimmy Carter teach Sunday school?
- What is the connection between William Kennedy’s novel Quinn’s Book (1988) and his Albany Cycle?