Greta Garbo was Elena the temptress in The Temptress (1926).
- With whom does Charlie Chaplin share a cooked boot in The Gold Rush (1925)? Charlie Chaplin shared a cooked boot in The Gold Rush (1925) with Mack Swain, playing Big Jim McKay.
- What did the X in Francis X. Bushman’s name stand for? The X in Francis X. Bushman's name stood for Xavier.
- On what novel is George Gershwin’s opera Porgy and Bess (1935) based? George Gershwin's opera Porgy and Bess is based on Porgy (1925), by Du Bose Heyward. Heyward and his wife, Dorothy, won a Pulitzer prize for their dramatic version of the novel. Porgy is…
- To what does the title of Sean O’Casey’s The Plough and the Stars (1926) refer? The title of Sean O'Casey's The Plough and the Stars refers to the banner of the Irish Citizens Army, of which O'Casey was once a member. The play concerns members of the army…
- What was Little Caesar’s real name? Caesar Enrico Bandello, played by Edward G. Robinson in the 1930 film Little Caesar.
- What was the first Fu Manchu movie made as a sound feature? The Mysterious Dr. Fu Manchu (1929), starring Warner Oland, was the first Fu Manchu movie made as a sound feature.