Italian author Carlo Collodi (a.k.a. Carlo Lorenzini) wrote The Adventures of Pinocchio, the popular tale of a puppet who comes to life.
- How big was the price on Harriet Tubman’s head? The reward for the capture of Harriet Tubman (c. 1820-1913), an ex-slave who became famous for helping southern slaves escape to freedom in Canada, went as high as $40,000. Even so, she eluded…
- Who wrote Tom Brown’s School Days (1857)? Thomas Hughes, English jurist wrote Tom Brown's School Days. The book for boys tells of young Tom Brown's adventures at Rugby. Hughes also wrote a sequel, Tom Brown at Oxford (1861).
- What actors preceded Warren Beatty in the role of Dick Tracy (1990)? Ralph Byrd played the part in the Republic (and later RKO) series beginning with Dick Tracy (1937). Morgan Conway played the police detective in two RKO films, beginning with Dick Tracy (1945).
- What was Miss Brooks’s first name? Miss Brooks's first name was Connie on the TV series "Our Miss Brooks". The character was played by Eve Arden on "Our Miss Brooks" from 1952 to 1956 on CBS.
- What colors make up a rainbow? The colors red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet make up a rainbow.
- When was The Tale of Genji written? Considered the oldest full novel in the world, The Tale of Genji was written in Japan toward the start of the eleventh century.