James Bond creator Ian Fleming wrote the book on which Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is based on.
- On what book was A Place in the Sun (1951) based? A Place in the Sun is based on the book An American Tragedy, by Theodore Dreiser.
- Who wrote Shane, the book on which the 1953 movie is based? Jack Schaefer wrote the book Shane, which was also movie.
- On what work was Dr. Strangelove (1964) based? Dr. Strangelove was based on a novel, Red Alert, by Peter George.
- What Langston Hughes poem refers to a “raisin in the sun”? Langston Hughes' poem "Harlem" (1951) refers to a "raisin in the sun". Hughes asks: "What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun?"
- How does Bernard Malamud’s The Natural (1952) end? Unlike the 1988 film adaptation, in which Roy Hobbs wins the World Series with a pyrotechnic home run, Bernard Malamud's original story The Natural has the slugger, preoccupied with sex and materialism, throw…
- Whom did author Margaret Mitchell suggest to MGM to play Rhett Butler in Gone With the Wind (1939)? Groucho Marx was suggested to MGM to play Rhett Butler in Gone With the Wind, but only in jest.