The play’s author, George Bernard Shaw, who won an Oscar for his adaptation wrote the screenplay for the film Pygmalion.
- Who developed Cinerama? Fred Waller (1886-1954) of Paramount's special-effects department developed Cinerama. The wide-screen process used three cameras and three projectors to record and project a single expansive image. The process debuted in 1952 with This…
- In what year did J. M. Synge’s The Playboy of the Western World spark a riot? Rioting started during the first performance of the comedy The Playboy of the Western World by J. M. Synge at the Abbey Theatre in Dublin in 1907. The commotion was started by a…
- Was there an actual Professor Henry Higgins, main character in George Bernard Shaw’s Pygmalion (1913)? The character Professor Henry Higgins in George Bernard Shaw's Pygmalion was based on a British scholar of phonetics and Old English named Henry Sweet. His works included History of English Sounds (1874).
- Where is Rin Tin Tin buried? The canine silent movie star Rin Tin Tin is buried in Cimetiere du Chiens in Paris, France. The black onyx tombstone is inscribed "The Greatest Cinema Star".
- In what Hitchcock film did Jerry Mathers (TV’s Beaver on “Leave It to Beaver,” CBS, ABC, 1957-63) appear? Jerry Mathers (TV's Beaver on "Leave It to Beaver," CBS, ABC, 1957-63) appeared on the Hitchcock film The Trouble With Harry (1956). Mathers played Tony, Harry's son.
- What actors preceded Warren Beatty in the role of Dick Tracy (1990)? Ralph Byrd played the part in the Republic (and later RKO) series beginning with Dick Tracy (1937). Morgan Conway played the police detective in two RKO films, beginning with Dick Tracy (1945).