Alexander Pope’s expression of charity, “To err is human, to forgive divine” appears in An Essay on Criticism (1711).
- When should you use the word Irregardless? You should not use the word irregardless ever. The word is redundant because the negative prefix "ir" does the same work as the negative suffix "less". Use regardless instead. Irregardless, some folks use…
- When was The Tale of Genji written? Considered the oldest full novel in the world, The Tale of Genji was written in Japan toward the start of the eleventh century.
- Are Julia Roberts and Eric Roberts related? Julia Roberts and Eric Roberts are brother and sister. Eric Roberts is eleven years older.
- What colors make up a rainbow? The colors red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet make up a rainbow.
- Do Hens sit on eggs? After a fashion. Hens squat on the eggs, supporting most of their weight with their feet. Their nests also provide a protective cushion for the eggs.
- What is the origin of the word Kismet? The origin of the word Kismet is from the Turkish gismat, "portion" or "lot". It means fate or the completion of destiny.