In the novel My Friend Flicka by Mary O’Hara, Flicka, a half-wild filly, is the friend of ten-year-old Ken McLaughlin in Wyoming.
- What was the first movie directed by Steven Spielberg associate Frank Marshall? The first movie directed by Steven Spielberg associate Frank Marshall was Arachnophobia (1990).
- How long was novelist and critic Rebecca West (1892-1983) the lover of H. G. Wells? After Rebecca West's review of H. G. Wells's book, Marriage, in 1912, they met and began their ten-year relationship. Their son, Anthony West, born in 1914, became a novelist and critic in his…
- For what magazine did Macauley Connor work in The Philadelphia Story (1940)? Macauley Connor worked for Spy magazine in The Philadelphia Story.
- What are the closing lines of The Grapes of Wrath (1940)? In the closing lines of The Grapes of Wrath, Jane Darwell says, "Can't nobody wipe us out. Can't nobody lick us. We'll go on forever, Pa. We're the people."
- Who sponsors the Golden Globe awards? The Hollywood Foreign Press Association sponsors the Golden Globe awards. Founded in 1940, it is an association of foreign journalists covering the Los Angeles entertainment scene. The awards were first presented in 1944,…