The five persons that are in line of succession to the presidency are:
2. Speaker of the House of Representatives
3. President Pro Tempore of the Senate
4. Secretary of State
5. Secretary of the Treasury
- What actor tells Dustin Hoffman in The Graduate (1967) the one word: “Plastics”? Walter Brooke tells Dustin Hoffman in The Graduate (1967) the one word: "Plastics".
- What Republican speechwriter described the press as “nattering nabobs of negativism”? William Safire wrote the phrase "nattering nabobs of negativism" for Vice-President Spiro Agnew in 1970. Agnew speechwriter Pat Buchanan, came up with "pusillanimous pussyfooters", also in 1970.
- Was Confederate general Stonewall Jackson killed by Union gunfire during the Civil War? Confederate general Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson died of a battle wound, but it was not inflicted by a Union soldier. One of his own men accidentally shot him in the arm during the Battle…
- What were the starting and ending points of Franklin Roosevelt’s Hundred Days? The period known as Franklin Roosevelt's Hundred Days, which represented the first session of the first New Deal Congress, lasted from March 9 to June 16, 1933. It was a time of intense…
- When did Lucy have her baby on “I Love Lucy” (CBS, 1951-57)? Lucy had her baby on "I Love Lucy" (CBS, 1951-57) on January 19, 1953.
- Who was Clytemnestra’s lover in Aeschylus’s Agamemnon (458 B.C.)? Aegisthus was Clytemnestra's lover in Aeschylus's Agamemnon. He conspired with Clytemnestra to kill her husband, Agamemnon.