The song “White Christmas” first appeared in Holiday Inn (1942), in which it is sung by Bing Crosby.
- What do they observe in China on December 25? In the Republic of China, Taiwan, they observe Constitution Day, a national holiday on December 25.
- What holiday is associated with the Lord of Misrule? Christmas is associated with the Lord of Misrule. In medieval England, the Lord of Misrule was the leader of Christmas revelries.
- What was Elvis Presley’s first number one hit? Elvis Presley's first number one hit was "Heartbreak Hotel" in February 1956. For 16 months following, he had a record, sometimes two, on the nation's Top 10 list.
- What was the first American musical radio broadcast? The first American musical radio broadcast was a broadcast from the Metropolitan Opera House in New York City in 1910.
- Does W. C. Fields’s gravestone read, “On the whole, I’d rather be in Philadelphia”? No. W. C. Fields's gravestone does not read, "On the whole, I'd rather be in Philadelphia" In the first place, he isn't in a grave: his ashes are housed in a vault. Second,…
- When was the SAT first administered in the U.S.? The College Board first administered the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) in June 1926. More than 8,000 applicants took the test, most of them applicants to elite colleges such as Harvard, Princeton, and Yale.…