No, Krakatoa is not east of Java.
The volcanic island of Krakatoa is in the Sunda Strait west of Java, making the title of the 1969 movie (Krakatoa, East of Java) incorrect.
- When was the Charge of the Light Brigade? On October 25, 1854, during the Crimean War, James Thomas Brudenell, Seventh Earl of Cardigan, led the British cavalry against the Russians in the Battle of Balaklava. The charge was disastrous, but it…
- What was Elizabeth Taylor’s screen debut? Elizabeth Taylor's first film was There's One Born Every Minute in 1942. Taylor was nine at the time.
- What was the worst marine disaster in U.S. history? At least 1,547 people were killed when the boiler of the side-wheeler Sultana exploded on April 27, 1865, on the Mississippi River near Memphis, Tennessee, making it the worst marine disaster in U.S.…
- What was Little Caesar’s real name? Caesar Enrico Bandello, played by Edward G. Robinson in the 1930 film Little Caesar.
- What was the first Fu Manchu movie made as a sound feature? The Mysterious Dr. Fu Manchu (1929), starring Warner Oland, was the first Fu Manchu movie made as a sound feature.
- In how many swashbuckler movies did Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone cross swords? Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone starred in two movies, Captain Blood (1935) and The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938). The two also acted together in The Dawn Patrol (1938).