“II Penseroso,” written in 1632 is Milton’s companion work to “L’Allegro”.
- Who wrote the foreword to the first edition of Hall-well’s Filmgoer’s Companion (1965)?
- Who was George Eliot’s (1819-80) living companion?
- What author said of what work, “I have protracted my work til most of those whom I wished to please have sunk into the grave, and success and miscarriage are empty sounds: I therefore dismiss it with frigid tranquility, having little to fear or hope from censure or from praise”?
- What is the most famous auto-destructive work of art?
- How does quicksand work?
- Which part of the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C., is the work of architect I. M. Pei?