“II Penseroso,” written in 1632 is Milton’s companion work to “L’Allegro”.
- Who wrote the foreword to the first edition of Hall-well's Filmgoer's Companion (1965)?
- Who was George Eliot's (1819-80) living companion?
- What author said of what work, "I have protracted my work til most of those whom I wished to please have sunk into the grave, and success and miscarriage are empty sounds: I therefore dismiss it with frigid tranquility, having little to fear or hope from censure or from praise"?
- When and where was Milton's masque Comus first performed?
- What playwright wrote a play called Paradise Lost that was not based on Milton's poem?
- Who was commemorated in Milton's elegy Lycidas (1637)?